Thursday, August 27, 2015

The last days

This is my friend Niels. I met him during scuba diving and he was really nice. And then he asked me to play ping pong and we became friends. He is from Holland. We went exploring the beach at low tide and saw many cool creatures in the rock pools. Apparently someone else in the rock pools saw a snake that was black and yellow. My mom and Dad told us to go look elsewhere as they thought it was poisonous snake. We saw sea urchin, starfish, cool shells, hermit crabs and also a lobster. On another day I spotted a small Ray. It was really pretty.


These are spider starfish. I'm not really sure of the name but I think it's this.


This is where we slept. We had our own stairs to go down to the beach. In the house there was 3 beds for me and my sisters. I wish we could have stayed longer. My parents were right next door. As you can see my Dad is out on the balcony reading his book and enjoying the views.


We went to this turtle rescue place. In the lagoon,our guide told us that water came through the rock so the lagoon also experiences tides. This is me feeding a rescued turtle. There are 17 turtles and they release them once a year. The turtles end up there as some fishermen sometimes catch the turtles in their nets and they bring the turtles to the rescue place. There they are taken care of and fixed as some turtles are injured. I was feeding it seaweed.


That's me sitting with all the baby turtles. They were so cute! Our guide said that we were not allowed to touch them but some people working there were measuring the babies so he allowed us to touch one each. We washed our hands beforehand. It felt really cool to touch a baby turtle. They feel really soft and a bit rough. The shell isn't that hard. It was a green turtle. My sister Nim loves turtles so she was really happy to see and touch a turtle.


This is a crocodile at the same rescue place. They are not native to Zanzibar but somehow found their way there. They were really cool. I like crocodiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment